Monday 18 July 2011

Access denied































All images Celine Cruise 2012


I love Celine, you love Celine, everyone loves Celine... and the recent interview in the Independent with Pheobe Philo which highlights her disregard of media coverage pre and during any of the presentations reveals a refreshing point of view:


"Do you hate being interviewed?"
"Yes."
"Why?"
"I just feel it's really unnecessary."
"But it's a requirement of the job?"
"It is. But I think that the clothes say it all much better than I can. I always find it strange after a show when everybody comes backstage and says: 'What was it all about'? It's like: 'You've just seen it. What do you mean?' My instinct is to say: 'What did you think? What did you get from it?' And yet they want you to fill in even more.


"To me, the show is quite a complete story. There's nothing more for me to say and, anyway, it doesn't matter what it was meant to say. It's out there. It can be whatever anyone watching it thought it was, surely."
"Once the show has happened there's no need to control any image," she says, "but I don't like the idea of people sending out images before we've even done it. We don't allow anyone to do that. I don't like all that 'model backstage standing around having her picture taken in a stupid pose'." 

No comments:

Post a Comment