Wednesday 26 May 2010

"I wish I was from Brooklyn"

This is what I overheard a guy saying behind me at the Brooklyn bands showcase; Small Black/ TANLINES/ Javelin gig in Dalston, London last night. All three bands were brilliant, and sounded like the best holiday you've ever been on, 'Tropical Crunk' so it's been called!

Small Black
TANLINES
Javelin

While we were perusing the merchandise table I clocked the Small Black T-shirts, which totally summed up the band's sound, but also confirmed something I've been thinking about for a while, the revival of 90s surf t-shirts. The Fat Willy's Surf Shack t-shirts which were massive in the late 1980s/ early 90s, immediatly spring to mind, as well as the old Ocean Pacific styles. I am now on the hunt for a super faded 'Tropical Crunk' one for this tropical summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment